Sunday, January 1, 2012

Beginnings 2012

Today is the first day of 2012. I have to admit, I am a New Years Grinch.  There is no traumatic story involved, and I don't *think* my heart is three sizes too small.  I just find the whole thing anti-climactic.  As someone who doesn't stay up late and doesn't enjoy drinking in excess, NYE seems like a big effort for... not that much. I am pretty neutral about fireworks, don't like crowds, and am not a fan of watching crowds and fireworks on television.  Bah-humbug.

This new year is kind of a sham. I did not earn my New Years badge this year. My family didn't send out a Christmas card and letter. We packed up our Christmas stuff early because our tree dried out really fast. Fail.

I also am not creating new years "resolutions" this year. Last year's, immortalized in this blog post, ended up being pathetic efforts (other than running Ragnar which was AWESOME!). So this year I'm still aiming for the same.  The theme for the year will be SIMPLIFY.

And now I will start the year off right by totally blowing my own goal.  I am going to be participating in NaBloPoMo -- National Blog Posting Month.  [I'm new to the whole thing, but am perplexed because in a few minutes of looking around at the website it appears that EVERY month is blog posting month???]
That's right - I'm setting a goal to blog every day in January.

Look I did it! Day 1... done!

No comments:

Post a Comment