Tuesday, May 29, 2012

She's Got the Moves Like Gadget




This morning on the way to school, we heard "Moves Like Jagger" by Maroon 5.  The kids are familiar with the part of the chorus with the title, the song is on my IPod workout playlist. So they sang along "I got the moves like Jagger, I got the moves like Jagger..."

And, of course, an argument had to ensue over the proper pronunciation and words to that line of the song. They settled, upon Big Girl's insistence, on:

"I've got the moves like Gadget, I've got the moves like Gadget..."

By this time, the song had been changed on the radio, but they kept up singing the chorus. Their version.

I asked Big Girl, "Who is Gadget?" You know, because if you are going to move like Gadget, you should probably know who/what that is.

Her answer: "I don't know. I think Gadget is probably a cool person with cool moves. Like this." (Insert Big Girl's weird dance style here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment